In the real estate business, most of the sales are usually conducted by the Real Estate Agent or Realtor, in other words.The realtor needs tobe paid a commission which is a percentage of the overall sale price. However, depending on the size of the flat and the area you buy the flat in, the market of the real estate business and the actual price of the flat, the commission of the realtors might range up to a few thousands of rupees. This might make many of the first time house owners wander as to whether to engage the services of an agent while buying a house.
Buying a house is one of the most important decision in life and buyers should be mentally prepared for the big decisions they need to make in the process. Whether it’s applying to get a home loan or looking out for houses, making a mistake in choosing a house can lead to many future complexities.
What is the role of a Realtor?
The job role of a real estate agent includes helping the client in getting the home of their preference. That means the real estate agent will guide you through the complex process of deciding which home is the best for you and the best locality to buy the home in according to the preferences of the member of the family. Besides, the agent also helps you in getting the best home loan for your need and therefore ensuring that you have enough funds while making the purchase.
Besides, most of the agents have excellent geographical knowledge of the area you want to buy a home in. Therefore, if you decide that you can do the house buying yourself , without the services of a Real Estate Agent, it means that you have to get into the complexities of house-hunting yourself.
Advantages of having an Agent
- The most important reason to hire a real estate agent when buying a house is because they exactly know the important things to look out for while buying a new house.
- The real estate agent is very familiar with the goings-on in the local market. Therefore, agents should be able to help you to determine the value of a particular home.
- The agents can take you through the various home loan options and help you decide which type of home loan is best according to your budget.
- Experienced real estate agents who are looking at houses day in and day out will be able to understand if there is any problem with the construction of the house and let their clients know about it.
- The best benefit that a potential buyer would receive when they engage the service of a real estate agent is that the buyers would have someone negotiating on their behalf for the best price.
Once you have made a deal with the agent and it has been accepted, a real estate agent can help you sell through the extensive procedures that is required to purchase a dream home.